 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1546
Re: Mindstorm Recall?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:09:36 GMT

"Sean Harrington" <harrington@macgenius.com> writes:

I suspect that the component bags WILL be salvaged for 2.0 kit production. I
don't know enough about the internal differences between the 1.5 RCX and the
2.0 RCX to say whether or not those will be reused or just given to service

The difference in parts seems to be minor, look here:
http://207.236.16.161/JinSato/MindStorms/RIS2.0/Images/ris2part.gif

Then of course the RCX 1.5 doesn't have a power adaptor,
so they won't be able to recycle them.
Also, as far as I could see, DACTA always sold bricks with
the power adaptor.

Jürgen "should I rush for a discount or wait for 2.0?"

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/