 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1520
  Fixed-point Math

I'm not sure if this will make it to the list, but we'll see. I sent out a message twice and it still hasn't shown up. Anyway, I have uploaded my fixed-point math routines to my web site. This includes simple stuff like multiplication and division, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Fixed-point Math

Mike- If you want to, I'd be happy (later- busy this week) to mirror those on the sourceforge site. They look quite useful, and I'll be sure to mention those in the HOWTO (whenever I next have time for that. :| Luis (...) ---...--- "Nobody ever said (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Fixed-point Math

(...) By all means go ahead. I can write up some explanation as to what they are and how they work, too, once I find time. Also, nobody seems willing/able to write anything about semaphores, so when I write that up I'll see about a little blurb on (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Fixed-point Math

(...) That'd be great. I'm in no hurry, since time is not opening up for me either any time soon. (...) I've never bothered, since semaphores are basically POSIX compliant. If you have "man" installed you should be OK ;) Luis ---...--- "Nobody ever (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Fixed-point Math

(...) And, of course, if you want, feel free to use CVS to get the HOWTO and add it directly to there- I'm always happy to see another contributor :) Luis ---...--- "Nobody ever said that democracy was simple or efficient." Florida Election Board (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Fixed-point Math

(...) That's true. However, IMO, man pages are good for reference but not good for first-time learning. A quick tutorial with a couple of simple code examples might be nice. I didn't have too much trouble with the man pages, but I *did* have trouble (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)