 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1444
  compiler problem - help needed please

Hello everybody I have installed the crosscompiler and legos 2.4 as descriped in the HOWTO. My system is redhat 7.0. The kernel seems to compile just fine, but whenever I try to compile one of the demo programs I get an error. Here is an output from (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiler problem - help needed please

Niels- Sorry about the delayed response. Have you modified your Makefile.user at all? It does appear like it is getting called correctly, but I want to be sure. Also, how did you install legOS? From tarball or via the RH 6.x rpms? If you installed (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiler problem - help needed please

(...) No, should I? (...) I've installed from the tarball, just as described in the HOWTO. (...) Ok, thanks for your reply. I just have to try some more. Maybe try another linux distribution. Niels (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiler problem - help needed please

(...) No :) Just making sure that you hadn't. (...) Well, I'd hope it is not the distribution. However, it is possible- RedHat 7.0 uses a "new" compiler version (egcs 2.96) that has been known to cause some problems with certain programs. makelx is (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)