 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1356
Re: license question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 18:57:34 GMT

Whether this is "good" or not is a value judgement.  When I released
NQC, I felt uncomfortable with the GPL, and opted for MPL.  I assume
Markus had similar feelings when he released legOS.

IIRC, legOS is MPL because Kekoa released some of his code under MPL, and
so Markus released the rest under MPL in order to allow him to use that
particular section of code. I believe that he once mentioned that his
natural leanings would otherwise have been towards a public domain style
license.

Luis

    "Summertime... and the living is easy...
    fish are jumping and the cotton is high...
    So hush, little baby, baby don't you cry."
-Ella