 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1358
Re: license question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:19:40 GMT

Luis Villa  <liv@duke.edu> wrote:
Whether this is "good" or not is a value judgement.  When I released
NQC, I felt uncomfortable with the GPL, and opted for MPL.  I assume
Markus had similar feelings when he released legOS.

IIRC, legOS is MPL because Kekoa released some of his code under MPL, and
so Markus released the rest under MPL in order to allow him to use that
particular section of code. I believe that he once mentioned that his
natural leanings would otherwise have been towards a public domain style
license.

I chose MPL because Dave did! :)  It probably would have been GPL otherwise
though.

-Kekoa