 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1354
  lnpd

I've tried for several days to get a connection to arthurdent. No answer so far. Can anybody tell me another address to get a copy of the lnpd demon for linux? Mike (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnpd

(...) (URL) "Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas Mike Ash - (URL), <mailto:mail@mikeash.com> (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnpd

Michael- Where is the link that points to arthurdent? Because I no longer live in the Duke dorms, that URL is permanently fubared, so I'm slowly trying to eliminate all the dead links that point there. If you could let me know where this one is, I (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS Addressing - Packet Handler

Hi All I have a very simple RCX legos program (which I've attached), that I'm having difficulty with. I have compiled legOS with the default host address of 0 (0x00). I am using WinLNP to send data to the RCX (simple short strings), but the RCX will (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS Addressing - Packet Handler

(...) Take the sleep(1) out of the code! The function addressHandlerPortOne() is called from an interrupt, so you must not call any function which might cause a reschedule (which sleep() definitely does). You can do all this by having a separate (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS Addressing - Packet Handler

Thanks Eddie, Sorry for posting a message I should have known the answer to. I'll have a look at the semaphore example. If anyone knows of a good refence for semaphore programming could they please let me know?Its taken me a while to get into the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS Addressing - Packet Handler

(...) Semaphores: You said you installed Linux, try "man sem_post". Also kernel/program.c is a good reference for a semaphore use. A more complicated example is the tx_sem in kernel/lnp-logical.c and kernel/lnp.c. Eddie C. Dost ecd@skynet.be (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnpd

(...) This is old news, but I didn't find any answer to it while there are still two such links on (URL) the Doc section, the link to the HOWTO points to (URL) in the File section, the link to the Windows 9x/NT compiler points to (URL) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnpd

Ah. Those links. I have asked Markus to move those a couple of times but he no longer responds to my emails. I'm afraid that until he does those links will remain in place (and remain quite dead.) Sorry... Luis (...) ---...--- "Nobody ever said that (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)