 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1309
Re: rotation sensor thing solved
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:38:03 GMT

OK, so I had forgotten that for whatever reason legOS rotation sensors are
very, very sensitive to dying batteries. I think that when underpowered,
they either don't generate an interrupt or the voltage on the interrupt is
too weak and the signal gets missed. So, new batteries and voila...
everything works fine. /me wipes brow :)

Ahhh, this is a hint why it shows up now. The additional delay in the
dsensor code shifts the duty cycle of the sensor down just a little bit,
so it can't operate anymore.

This will all be fixed with the new code in 0.2.5. I will get myself
all types of sensors and will check how fast we can get without underpowering
the sensors (even with bad batteries). With the flexible sampling rate,
we can even document this per sensor type, and the user can now that
when using rotation she should not sample faster than XXX ms ;-)

Eddie C. Dost
ecd@skynet.be