 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1088
Re: RTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 16:20:01 GMT

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Nils Oberg wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had already used legOS to control the robot in real-
time; also if anyone has created a web interface to legOS (or tried), and what
anyone's opinion on the easiness of the task.

Quick note about legOS: it is a replacement firmware for the Mindstorms,
designed to allow you to write programs in C that run /on/ the robot itself.

Not sure exactly what you mean by real-time, but I'm guessing that you
mean something like "as the user enters commands."

Assuming that you are looking for a Unix-based solution, you probably
want to take a look at Martin Cornelius's lnpd, which you can find at

http://erebus.cs.duke.edu/~louie/legos/archives/LNP/

It is intended to allow the transmission of information from a Linux PC to
a legOS-based robot. Unfortunately, I don't know too many details about
LNP- if Martin is around, he may want to fill you in on the current state
of that project.
Good luck- keep us up to date if you do manage to interface this with a
CGI or some such-
Luis

P.S. Not legOS based, but if you use perl-based cgi on your web-servers,
you may want to check out

http://members.home.com/quillan/lego/rcx.pm.html

which is a perl interface to the standard Lego firmware.

           "Going to California with an aching in my heart.
               Someone told me there's a girl out there
            with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair."
-Led Zeppelin, "Going to California"