 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2859 (-10)
  brickOS status update

We are continuing to update our web site. The front page contains the latest news. (URL) have pushed another round of API docs to the web. New in this version are the brickOS Kernel Developer set and new example program pages (autogenerated from our (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

I had a go at those instructions then gave up after 3 weeks of trying to get them to work. "Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> wrote in message news:H2JupE.J4w@lugnet.com... (...) most (...) no (...) for (...) my (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Actually there is a set of updated instructions for Windows with the most recent being for brickOS. brickOS is the continued development effort foe legOS. AT the request of The LEGO Group the name has changed. So the most recent information can be (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Pass by reference

Ralph, The second parameter to the task is a pointer to an array of pointers. Those pointers (under DOS and other OSes) normally point to parameters on the command line (string data). However, there is no reason to not use them for other data types. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Follow these instuctions word for word: (URL) 0.2.6 in place of 0.2.4 wherever it crops up and you'll have no problems. (Well, it worked for me using Win98 so hopefully it'll work for you) "Redline" <trust@global.net.au> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Pass by reference

More specifically, how can you pass by reference to a thread?? I thought a thread could only take chracter arguments in an array? Thanks "Ralph Clark" <ralph.clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H2HwuD.L6L@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Hi all, I've been trying to get LegOS working on my Win XP machine using the cygwin emulator but I cannot execute "Makefile"; hence I downloaded "make" from the fs foundation but I am new to this, so have no idea how to install make --- generally I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Pass by reference

Hi. Do we have pass by reference in the current version of legOS? If we don't, I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me a simple example of how to do the same thing in C using pointers and whatever. (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: small patch to build dll on linux

John, I believe I have a good solution. I ran a test both under Win98 and a forced Linux OS (set OSTYPE=LINUX in makefiles). Below is a patch file for the current CVS version of brickOS. As soon as I get confirmation that this does fix my bug I will (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS general news

We've been working on our web-site (URL) welcome comments. If you'd like to see something specific that is not already there please let us know. Development work on brickOS has been lively over the past couple of weeks. So watch for another test (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact