 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2284 (-5)
  Re: multiplexor and legOS

(...) Actually, something like this has been documented and done by Pedersen, Christensen, Rasmussen ("Prioritized Interrupts in LegOS"). They actually document the problem of sensor misses related to task management, significantly reducing the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: multiplexor and legOS

(...) Most people's legOS kernels will be compiled so msleep uses wait_event. I haven't looked at the code, but my understanding of how wait_event works is that whenever that thread becomes eligible to execute, your even function is called. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: multiplexor and legOS

Try the following code fragments. [Change to fixed spacing font so that it reads easily.] You should be able to find what you need. "Mark Falco" <> wrote in message news:Gr1MBL.Dop@lugnet.com... (...) <<..snip..>> (...) These are code fragment for (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: multiplexor and legOS

Ok, my last port didn't make much sense let me try that again. for an active sensor ds_handler will periodically power the sensor off to read the value. The standard firmware does this to but at a different interval. I'm wondering if this is part of (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: multiplexor and legOS

Since I'm now fairly sure that i've got the timing taken care of I'm wondering if the power cycling that ds_handler does is somehow causing the problem? I thought I might take control of this stuff in my test code. I assume if I set the sensor for (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact