 Robotics / RCX / Java / 97
    Is anyone using Java+RCX in their intro CS teaching? —David J. Barnes
   Hi all, Traffic is a little light in this group, so I thought I would see if any of its readers is doing anything with Java and the RCX in a particular area of interest that I have. There is quite a lot of intro Java teaching (including mine) that (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: Is anyone using Java+RCX in their intro CS teaching? —Gary Lucas
     (...) David, I cannot answer your question directly, but I have done some work which may be related to your interest. A while back, I wrote a small-scale Java application that simulated a 2-D mobile robot. The interactions between the simulator and (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: Is anyone using Java+RCX in their intro CS teaching? —Roger Glassey
   Yes, I will be using Java and the RCX in a course at Berkeley this fall. I used NQC last spring, but switched to java to use an OO language, get more space total memory and in particular more space for variables. And because a couple of my students (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)