 Robotics / RCX / Java / 68
Re: Data-transfering RCX -> PC in LeJOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 04:10:38 GMT

I hope you can solve your problem;  I would be very interested in finding
out how you did it.  I also would like to upload large chunks of data
from the RCX to calibrate the light sensor for example.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Mathias N. Kjærgaard writes:
I'm trying to transfer some log-data from the RCX to the PC, using the
"Serial.sendPacket(byte[] aBuffer, int aOffset, int aLen)", but it does not
seem to work with a packet-length bigger than approx.. 24 bytes.
The packet is constructed as a opcode-45 packet described in the "RCX Opcode
Reference" which means that one packet can only contain 5 data-bytes(BIG
overhead).

Why does the Serial.sendPacket() skip the bytes after aBuffer[24]?

Has anybody made a package for data-transferring with the LeJOS, or done
some thinking about a "java.net"-alike API for the RCX?

Mathias Kjærgaard
c973371@student.dtu.dk