 Robotics / RCX / Java / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
"A cunning plan"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 12:53:26 GMT

I am hoping someone has done some/all of this already...

Aims:

1 To develop downloadable RCX code on the PC.
2 To develop immediate RCX code on the PC.
3 To run immediate code on the PC and the PalmPilot.
4 Spirit.ocx functionality.
5 IR comms to the RCX via the serial port/IR block on the PC.
6 IR comms to the RCX via the built-in IR port on the PalmPilot.

I am not a VB man or a C++ man. I am an OO man, although I did use C for more
than a decade.

I have decided to use WABA as the platform. This is a strict subset of the
Java language (see www.wabasoft.com) and runs reasonably well on the PalmPilot
and WinCE machines. It has the advantage of having "bridge" programs that
allow developed programs to run in a browser too!

Anyone already doing/done this? I will probably try it anyway, but detailed
comms info regarding the RCX would be helpful (I have some sources already).

Geoff.