 Robotics / RCX / Java / 3
2  |  4
Subject:
JVM and spirit.ocx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 09:28:24 GMT

Todd.

Has anyone done much on this subject?

I am looking at writing a class library to communicate/program the RCX from
Java and I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

I have seen some work on the net, but nothing definitive...

Geoff

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Todd Lehman writes:
Welcome to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, a LUGNET discussion group.

CHARTER/PURPOSE:

  lugnet.robotics.rcx.java (group):
     Focused discussion group for JVM/Java™/Jini™ firmware or software
     for the LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ RIS: in-depth technical discussions,
     collaboration, planning, architecture, analysis, release schedules,
     problem reports, success stories, etc.

  lugnet.robotics.rcx (group and hierarchy):
     Alternative firmware or software for RCX™ programmable brick from
     LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ RIS: in-depth technical discussions,
     collaboration, planning, architecture, analysis, etc.

  lugnet.robotics (group and hierarchy):
     Building, creating, and developing with added technologies: the LEGO
     MINDSTORMS™ RIS, other programmable bricks, vision systems, bar-code
     readers, radio controlled units, research sites, microcode /
     embedded programming, etc.

OTHER GROUPS:

  For complete information about this discussion group server, including
  a full listing of discussion groups and their purposes, point your web
  browser here:  http://www.lugnet.com/news/

--
news@lugnet.com