 Robotics / RCX / Java / 261
    Re: leJOS & BricxCC news —John Hansen
   In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Mark Riley wrote: [snipped] (...) I have incorporated the changes made to firmdl in the leJOS distribution into my BricxCC firmware downloader code. Now I can successfully download all the firmwares I have access to (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        RE: leJOS & BricxCC news —Ralph Hempel
   John, Thanks for continuing to work on this. It's one of the things that keeps me motivated to continue supporting pbForth. Now, there has not bee much traffic there lately, and I have not done much with it becuase as far as I know, things are "just (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        pbForth & ROLL —John Hansen
     (...) While testing my console the other day I kept getting pbForth to hang (or so it appeared). It turns out I was passing ROLL a number that caused it to do bad things. I'm wondering whether it should error out with "aborted stack underflow" or (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

         RE: pbForth & ROLL —Ralph Hempel
     (...) John, As always, it depends. ROLL can sometimes be recovered gracefully, but not always. If you ROLL more than the stack depth, you'll shift some RAM that you probably don't want to shift - like the pbForth image itself. In that case, there's (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        Re: leJOS & BricxCC news —Brian B. Alano
    (...) Hmmm. I was seriously considering writing a leJOS package to support the LDCC IR Protocol. (Here's why: (URL) ) What capabilities were you going to add? Depending on your timeline, you might convince me to try FORTH. (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        leJOS & LDCC IRP —Brian B. Alano
   Brian B. Alano wrote: I'm writing a leJOS package to support the LDCC IR Protocol. I've been testing it against Full Throttle. It works fine with the speed controls, but doesn't even seem to see packets for the function commands, stop, or power (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

        Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP —Chris Phillips
     (...) I re-used a function to send command packets to the RCX that was designed for use with the original firmware, so it toggles the 0x08 bit of any repeated opcode bytes. Mark pointed this out to me when I was developing Full Throttle, but then he (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

         Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP —Brian B. Alano
       (...) I'm not really there yet, just couldn't resist the Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow metaphor. -Brian (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

         Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP —Mark Riley
     (...) Yes, this is right, to be friendly to as many implementations of the Lego IR protocol as possible, receiving programs should just mask off bit 3. (...) While the code is there to discern packets with different addresses, I haven't yet added (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

        Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP —Juergen Stuber
     Hi, (...) I'm having a bit of difficulty to understand what you are trying to do, as I know Lejos but not the DCC/train side of things. In particular, on which side do you want to use Lejos, sending those remote commands from an RCX or from a PC? (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

         Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP —Brian B. Alano
      (...) Receiving IR commands from a Lego Remote, IR Tower or possibly another RCX. They're not DCC signals, but LDCC IRP messages. Roughly the same data, different medium and different protocol. (...) LDCC IRP is still unstable, but it will support (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

        Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP —Brian B. Alano
   Thanks to Chris, Mark and Jürgen, I am successfully reading LDCC IRP packets with josx.rcxcomm.LLC! (I say reading, not parsing--haven't had time to clean it up, yet!) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)