 Robotics / RCX / Java / 218
  RCX <-> PC communication, more details

Thanks for the three of you (Francois, Roger and Lawrence) who have answered to my questions. I was asked to state some more details, which I'll do here: I am working under linux (SuSE 7.3) and since the linux version of java does not yet support (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX <-> PC communication, more details

(...) Great, I just had too much time at hand, so I could already test the hypothesis above. Great, to be able to post a followup to my own message within half an hour... Ok, here it comes: The PC __IS__ swamping the RCX when using the LNP protocol. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX <-> PC communication, more details

Hi Kaspar, Thanx for the information. In the Lejos-discussion mailing list (Sept 13), Lawrie Griffiths wrote: "A timeout of 100 milliseconds or more should ensure that it reads all the bytes in one message." Looks like it confirms what you (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)