 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 1781 – 1800 of 2193.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: LONG DELAY after pressing RUN button (to end the program)

(...) Because stuff was changed in BrickOS. I can't tell you too much, but I'm sure it's trying to shut-down the program in a cleaner way. I think BrickOS waits 2 seconds before killing tasks. You need to change your LegOS loop: while(true) to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.406)

  [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

Hi all, I am currently programming the Lego RCX at low-level (plain C) using the GCC cross-compiler for Hitachi H8/300 and Kekoa Proudfoot's LibRCX. In fact, I'm designing exercises for students that learn micro-controller programming. Therefore, I (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.406)

  Re: [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

Hi Benjamin, When you declare your ISR as an interrupt_handler, GCC terminates the function with an "rte" instead of an "rts". The ROM code that dispatches the interrupt to your function is already doing the rte so your function should not. Here's (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.406)

  RE: [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

Much better and more accurate answer from Mark - who knows a lot more about GCC that I do :-) I should stick to commenting on assembly language stuff. Ralph (...) <snippage> (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.406)

  Re: [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

(...) Eh... Never mind this bit. I just had a gander at Kekoa's rcxlib and he already handles this correctly in debug_value(). Should've known! :-) Mark (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.406)

  Re: [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:54:47 GMT "Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> wrote: Hi Mark, (...) [snip] (...) [snip] And that was it, indeed! Many to you, as well as Ralph and Kevin who tried to help me. There shouldn't be much trouble for me I think (if we (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.406)

  Re: multiplexor and legOS

(...) I agree about the cause for the msleep granularity, I'd seen the same stuff in tm and assumed that would cause the problem. Sorry my last note was a little unclear, I tried msleep and delay but am now using my own function which seems to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.405)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

"Rossz Vámos-Wentworth" <rossw@jps.net> wrote in message news:38989DC8.62ED27...jps.net... (...) of (...) (COMMAND.COM & (...) The problems that you are mentioning generally only occur after running 16-bit programs (and thus ending up with a 16-bit (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Time a call to a function

(...) The global sys_time contains the number of milliseconds since... well, since something. I think it's how long the RCX has been powered on since the last firmware download. It's probably updated every millisecond. It's a 32-bit number, so it (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.405)

  Re: random() compile problems

(...) Yes, it looks like random is in a private library of mine, sorry. With all the exciting networking development happening, count on 0.2.4 being released soon, it will contain random() again. (...) For small amounts of random numbers, you may (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.405)

  Re: firmdl error

(...) [Luis sent me the .srec file so I could take a look at it.] The problem is the length of the first line of the srec file. The first line is 80 characters long, which is too long. The cryptic error message is because the line passed into the (...) (26 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.405)

  LONG DELAY after pressing RUN button (to end the program)

Hi there, I see that I'm the only one who has recently used this newsgroup. Well thanks to the people who has taken the time to answer my questions, such as nanobapt. I have another question now. I've two different kernels, legOS 0.2.6 and brickOS (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.405)

  Re: learning RoboLab (long)

1. Click www.lego.com/dacta/I...tabase.asp 2. Click the "Quick" button. 3. Click "Search" button. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.vll)

long
(score: 1.405)

  sys_time (long post)

As I was poking around in the BrickOS kernel, it occurred to me that using the sys_time variable isn't entirely safe. Since sys_time is 32-bits and the processor can only read 16-bits at a time into a register, there is a period of time between the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.405)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

(...) It turns out that the nature of the glitch depends on the order you read the upper and lower 16-bits of sys_time. If the compiler generates code that reads the high word first (which it seems to do), then your example will work. However, if (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.405)

  Re: issues with 6-legs bot

(...) Your approach is pretty common. As it turns out, you can (should) remove the wait time, also. Many people think they need to tell the robot how long to turn, or how long to go forward. It's like driving down the road in a car. You don't look (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

long
(score: 1.405)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

Does the H8 let an interrupt interrupt an interrupt? (Or at least the interrupts that matter in this case?) You two might want to check on that. It would seem the code is safe if the answer to the first question is no... ? Maybe I'm missing (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.405)

  Re: random()

(...) extern long int random (void); Looks like -2^31 to 2^31-1 to me, unless you cast to unsigned int. Or does liberty use 16-bit ints internally? Why not write a short test program to check this out? And why doesn't LegOS use a wrapper around the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.404)

  Re: learning RoboLab (long)

I could not get anywhere with this link. How do you get to the docs? 5.e. Invent & Investigate Database www.lego.com/dacta/I...tabase.asp Activities in the form of student challenges. The Teacher Notes sections show programming examples. 27 (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.vll)

long
(score: 1.404)

  Re: learning RoboLab (long)

(...) I haven't seen this but I imagine that it is similar to the Control Lab version, only taking advantage of the multi-processing capability of the RCX. At least that was my $0.02 during the brainstorming session for this packet. :) (...) If this (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.vll)

long
(score: 1.404)

More:  Next Page >>