 Robotics / RCX / 72
Re: RCX Currnet Rating?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 14:36:33 GMT

MJ,

The RCX itself does not need a lot of power. However, if you're going to run
2 motors off each output port (a total of 6), 200 mA won't be enough. I
expect the motors to draw at least 100 mA each. Even more when stalled.
Maximum power to be drawn from a 200 mA/9V power supply is 1.8 Watts. Not a
lot.
I use an 830 mA socket type AC adapter, which cost me the equivalent of
about US$ 8.
On the other hand, you won't blow up your RCX by using a small power supply,
so don't be afraid to experiment.
You might burn out the adapter though if it's not properly fused (fire
hazard!).

Good luck,

Arjen

Michael Jorgensen wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have a 9V adapter that will fit the RCX. It has a current rating of • 200mA.
What is the current rating for ther RCX? I have seen adapters that are • rated
from 100mA up to 800mA.

Thx...MJ