 Robotics / RCX / 578
    Alternative Power Supplies —Kurt Raschke
   I have an RIS 1.5 set, which doesn't have the power connector. I seem to run through a set of batteries in 1-2 weeks, which will eventually get very expensive. What ways are there, other than using rechargable batteries, to supply power to the RCX (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Alternative Power Supplies —Ralf Krause
     Hello Kurt, I want show you three possiblities for alternative power supplies. 1. Take 2 sets of 6 NiMH accus or 2 * 6 NiCd accus to have one set inside the rcx an one set in the charger. This would be a very simple way to solve your problem. 2. The (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Alternative Power Supplies —Dean Husby
   (...) I'm actually working on a small device that will connect directly to the battery posts in the RCX/Scout. It uses a relay and a few diodes to protect the RCX from reverse polarity and overload. The relay will allow you to switch from internal (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)