 Robotics / RCX / 50
  Re: rcxhttpd?

(...) Since the RCX has essentially a serial interface to the outside world, you would need to encode and decode the HTTP requests and responses into a serial-based protocol. If you actually wanted the RCX to be plug-and-play compatible with (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: rcxhttpd?

I don't think my first post succeeded, so here it is again. Sorry if you've already seen this. (...) wander around the house until it finds another 'bot. Then it would relay the message to that 'bot. This second 'bot could wander around until (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: rcxhttpd?

(...) LOL! I like it! (...) [other protocols snipped] (...) Yes I am! Now, to convince the department that we _really_ need 1000 more Mindstorm kits as a fall-back for e-mail in case the net goes down. ;) jack (envisioning a building full of roving (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: rcxhttpd?

You could use a terminal server and at leaset telnet to the rcx. KL (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: rcxhttpd?

I love the idea, I think it would be great to see hundreds of little bots whizzing round my house comunicating with each other. Its a bit like teaching your dog to fetch the morning mail. Alan Bell. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)