 Robotics / RCX / 453
Re: Radio Shack CDS cells in parallel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 00:30:33 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Ben Jackson writes:

You could also just connect a suitable fixed resistor in parallel to adjust
the resistance range down (or in series to adjust it up
-----
True, but the RS CDS cells are cheap and using them in parallel or series
also changes the response range, since all the resistances change with
light levels. This would be most dramatic in the series connected
case at the low resistance end and the parallel case at the higher
resistance end.

And as you point out, it does give a greater field of view for the sensor
and some control over which areas it surveys.