 Robotics / RCX / 454
Re: rcx 1.0 and an ac adaptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 07:56:22 GMT

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Dave Johnson wrote:

Jeff Canar wrote:

(1) Do i have to worry about polarity?
According to Knudsen's book, AC or DC in either polarity is fine (which
is great!). That's the only place I've seen the input characteristics
mentioned, is there an "official" spec anywhere?

One thing you might want to be careful of: I read before that people have
"blown up" the input jack (though not the RCX) by using adapters that can
provide too much current. I believe anything up to an amp (1000 mA) is
safe. Again, is there an official spec on this?

(2) Can i just leave the batteries in all
the time, even when i have the rcx plugged into the wall?
Yes, that's fine, typically when you plug an external power source in, it
just bypasses the batteries.

Dave Johnson