 Robotics / RCX / 2928
  I can't get the RCX 1.5 software to run on WinXP

Help! I installed the RCX 1.5 software on my WinXP machine. I got no errors during setup, but when I tried to run it I got an error saying it needs 3MB of virtual memory. Running with Win95 compatability settings didn't help. I looked around on the (...) (17 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: I can't get the RCX 1.5 software to run on WinXP

(...) I've got some more info, but it doesn't seem to help. Searching on "Director Player" and "Virtual Memory" turns up tons of hits on other software, totally unrelated to the RCX. But in every case, the listed workaround is the same- increase (...) (17 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Solved Virtual Memory problem! (was: I can't get the RCX 1.5 software to run on WinXP)

Okay, I got it working. Here's the short version of the problem: I installed the RCX 1.5 software on a WinXP machine with 1GB of memory. The installation went fine. When I tried to run the program, it beeped and hung with a blanked screen. After (...) (17 years ago, 9-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Solved Virtual Memory problem! (was: I can't get the RCX 1.5 software to run on WinXP)

(...) Might be a 16bit/32bit problem (or similar 24/32bit), precisely 1GB (coded on 32 bits) could return 0 when truncated to 16 or 24 bits by old software. 3000MB truncated to 16 or 24 bits might be OK. Philo (17 years ago, 10-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)