 Robotics / RCX / 2817
  Re: parallel RCX outputs

Hi Chris, (...) I think so (warning, this is based only on theoretical knowledge). (...) That should be ok. Setting the power level might not work correctly, from looking at the ROM code it seems the PWM waveforms are not synchronized. Now comes the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: parallel RCX outputs

(...) If all motor ports are started and stopped together, does that synchronise the PWM waveforms? If not, then I don't recommend paralleling up. If so, then I recommend paralleling up only when motors are started and stopped together and are run (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: parallel RCX outputs

(...) The flashing is a feature of the 1x2 and 1x4 lamps... if run in one direction, it's solid, but in the other it flashes. This comes from the old light and sound sets, where you might well want a flashing light. You're right that the two outputs (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: parallel RCX outputs

Hi Mark, (...) probably, I guess they would be started within the same millisecond, which would result in synchronized wafeforms. (...) It's not that bad, when the waveform is off the motor is floating. So the power control will be ineffective at (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)