 Robotics / RCX / 2458
  Re: Gameboy RCX

(...) Oh, yes it does. Quite a bit more, actually. The original GBA still runs about $70, I believe, or the GBA SP will hit you for $100. $269 gets you both the XRC and the basic no-frills Xport that connects it to the GBA ($338 will get you the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Gameboy RCX

(...) I think using your logic you should subtract the cost of the Gameboy, because, hey, it's a gameboy. I wouldn't mind having one. Then the XRC is $269. Andy (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Gameboy RCX

(...) That depends on the individual, both on how interested they'd be in owning one (not everybody would be), and how willing they are to have it tied up in robotic creations and unavailable for game play. Of course, if you already have more than (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Gameboy RCX

(...) And considering the RIS is still around £159 around here - then the $269 (working out at around £150) is cheaper. Granted you would probably already have a RIS - and would need the motors etc. Anyway - would you go to the trouble of adapting (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Gameboy RCX

(...) Can't argue with that. Well, except I wouldn't describe the RCX as a sports car. Anyone care to comment? But I think you are mostly right. Comparing the RCX to the charmed labs XRC is like comparing apples to melons. You get a whole lot more (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)