 Robotics / RCX / 2425
  RCX firmware download

Hi, Wonder if I can get some help in this forum, hope so ;) I've been trying to download the firmware (standard) to a RCX. After I turn it on, the cone signal blinks, and it accepts communication with the IR tower. Then it starts downloading and in (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: RCX firmware download

I don't have a Mac box... But there are quite a bit of Intel users have similar problems. By any chance your Panther box has hyperthreading turned on. For the Intel users, the final verdict is hyperthreading feature being the culprit. Some (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX firmware download

(...) I have had this problem before as well. Sometimes this can be from too much ambient light or florescent light interfering with communication. Try isolating the tower and the brick by putting a small box or jacket over them. If this doesn't (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX firmware download

Hi Albert, (...) since you always get the error at the same point, maybe your version of NQC is too old? The firmware has increased in size, and some old versions can't handle that. Jürgen (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX firmware download

(...) Did anyone mention a more trivial possible explanation, that high frequency neons may extremely disturb LEGO IR-communication. When we worked over our Mars-mission telerobotics project, everything perfectly run in our rooms, but when we moved (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX firmware download

(...) It sounds like firmware download is aborting when trying to shift from normal to fast speed. Fast firmware download with the USB tower has always been a bit touchy. Make sure you have the most recent version of MacNQC, since there was a fix a (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)