 Robotics / RCX / 234
Re: RCX motor voltage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:50:34 GMT

Wes, I'm sorry; I missed the Rcx Motor info...

If the Rcx Motors start/run with 6V but don't work with
the Rcx Outputs, something is 'Funny'.  The Rcx, with decent
batteries, puts out about 7 volts to a running Rcx motor (full
power setting).

I'm not sure what the current is limited to when the motor is
physically stalled. If you 'help' your motors to get started,
does the Rcx run them??

It sounds like either (1) You have a lot of static friction at
startup, or  (2) :-(  Your Rcx outputs are damaged...

Sure hope it's (1)....

--
Regards,
Terry King   ...In The Woods In Vermont