 Robotics / RCX / 220
Re: RCX motor voltage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:33:18 GMT

Wes Matchett <wes@augustschell.com> wrote:
I've completed a syncro drive model to be RCX controlled and have • encountered an
unexpected barrier.  The model's drivetrain was tested using a battery box • (6
AAs) and works fine.  But when I try to drive it with the RCX it doesn't • have
enough power to move.  The batteries in the RCX are new - in fact, I moved • them
from the RCX to the battery box to verify they could do the job, and they • did.

Any ideas on getting more power from the RCX?

Yes, using a direct connection to a battery box your motors get more power.
I don't know if this idea is applicable to your model, but you could use one
motor attached to the RCX to drive the switch of the battery box, or even
better an external Lego switch (5120).

Mario
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari