 Robotics / RCX / 2168
Re: RCX convert from AA to Wall power.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:58:31 GMT

Wow, I'm sure glad I have the RCX 1.0 with the power jack...
I didn't even know the newer ones didn't have it until I started to
visit LUGNET...It's something I couldn't live without, not to mention
the battery contacts are unreliable...

Trevyn Watson wrote:

I did more or less that, but I put in a 7809 voltage regulator to make
sure that I did no damage to my RCX (wall warts sometimes output as much
as 5 volts above the printed voltage).

See http://members.rogers.com/4tee2/rcxpower.jpg

A post of mine with more details: http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=17939

And another thread about it: http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=20717

If you have any other questions about this, I'll be happy to answer them.

(Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you break your RCX or injure
yourself or your dog, cat, or parrot, burn down your house, etc etc)

Randall Lee Crabtree wrote:

all the Batterys are in RCX are like this. I think don't have mine
around to
look at right now

+ + + + + +
_ _ _ _ _ _

So what if you moded the set up useing some wires and a fitting from
radio
shack  to accept a 9.0vdc power jack?

attach a wire to the + and one to the - and hook them up to a Plug
Jack any
ideas how to do this this is just a idea.

Randall Lee Crabtree
www.hardlug.org

--
-AK