 Robotics / RCX / 2029
  What sort of signals(values) can be transmitted and received by the RCX

Hi, I want to know whether it is possible to transmit integers from the PC to the RCX. From all the readings I have done,if I understood what I read correctly, then it appears that only hexadecimal values can be transmitted from the PC to the RCX or (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: What sort of signals(values) can be transmitted and received by the RCX

(...) Yes. (...) No, integers are integers whether written decimal or hexadecimal (or in binary or whatever other base[*]). What you can do depends on the software you use. The SendMessage command in the standard firmware can send values in the (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: What sort of signals(values) can be transmitted and received by the RCX

(...) 0x1 = 1. 0xf = 15. 0xbe = 11*16+14 = 190 (I think.) It's that simple. (...) But 0 is not recommended, as it's the value used when no message has been recieved. (...) brickOS is the best: it has LNP, an addressed protocol like UDP. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: What sort of signals(values) can be transmitted and received by the RCX

(...) LNP is very nice, but as far as I understand it sends sequences of bytes and it is upon you to do the conversion to/from the data, where Lejos has some partial support on top of LNP. (...) If it weren't a coincidence then a mile would be (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)