 Robotics / RCX / 2001
2000  |  2002
Subject:
BricxCC release 3.3.7.3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 20:18:49 GMT

This release fixes a problem where opening a file with an associated desktop
file (same path and filename but with a .dsk extension) took a very long
time.  If you are using the desktop feature (which you would have had to
turn on via the Edit/Preferences/General/Autosave Options/Project Desktop
checkbox) and you thought BricxCC took an excruciatingly long time to open a
file then this update will make you *very* happy (with any luck).  The
slowness was caused by an attempt to communicate with the brick each time
you opened a file since the associated desktop file may have changed the
brick type and the port number.  Desktop files now also store the firmware
type and restore it when a desktop is loaded (i.e., when you open a file
with an associated desktop file).

It also fixes a problem where if you turned off syntax highlighting the code
explorer parsing mechanism quit working.

The Searching for the brick dialog now has an "Other" firmware type to make
lesser known non-standard firmwares feel included.

I also fixed a broken link in the bricxcc.htm page to my cygwin install
instructions.

And the donation button now opens the https PayPal page in a new browser
window so that its secure nature is clearly displayed on the status bar.

Let me know what you think.  Thanks also to the couple of you who have
generously donated to BricxCC!

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm