 Robotics / RCX / 193
  RE: fast firmware downloader

(...) I tried to do a DJGPP build of binutils and it didn't work for me. I really didn't want to spend more time futzing with the tools, and I was already using Cygwin, so I used one of the precompiled toolsets. I think you are just a lazy typer, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: fast firmware downloader

(...) Sorry, but I'm going to be stubborn on this one. I abhor short (often cryptic) filenames. In the NQC source tree, almost every class is in its own file, which is of course named after the class. So in a sense, truncating the filenames is more (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: fast firmware downloader

(...) I agree with your reasoning. The compiler I have decided to use (Watcom C/C++ v.11 from Powersoft) will compile from the platform I am developing on (NT 4) to the desired executing platform (DOS) and will use long file names just fine. Other (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: fast firmware downloader

(...) Great! I was using Borland C++ 3.0 because I happened to have the diskettes around. Remember when a C++ compiler fit on 5 (five) 3.5 diskettes? I have no problem with keeping the existing filename structure. It's readable, it serves the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)