 Robotics / RCX / 193
RE: fast firmware downloader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 23:01:48 GMT

Actually, lots of packages try to deal with filenames intelligently. QT,
for example, has normal C++ NamingConventions, but uses lowercaseonly
file names.
I try to do the same. Notice how direct-sensor.h became dsensor.h in
0.2.0, as well as many changes similar in spirit.

Since NQC is a console app anyways, it might make it really easy to support
all platforms by simply supporting DOS...right?

Hmmm. Anyone have a DJGPP-based H8 C compiler and binutils ready? I'd
really like a tool distribution that doesn't require Cygwin, for all
those people who don't actually have make, or perl, or anything on their
systems.

I tried to do a DJGPP build of binutils and it didn't work for me. I really
didn't want to spend more time futzing with the tools, and I was already
using Cygwin, so I used one of the precompiled toolsets.

I think you are just a lazy typer, and direct-sensor.h is too long :-)

What do you think Dave? There are not too many filenames that are too
long. Do you think we could chop the long ones so things work on any
platform?

Who started this anyways?

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng