 Robotics / RCX / 1914
    Re: frame RCX reply how —Brian B. Alano
   You might take apart javastorms: http:/www.javastorms.org They've implemented LNP using javax.comm. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: frame RCX reply how —Pat LaVarre
   (...) Thanks for the link, but I meant only to be asking: How do I make sense of RCX replies ... ... when the RCX is first powered and after I download Lego firmware. Help? Curiously, cluelessly, thankfully yours, Pat LaVarre P.S. Do we have no (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: frame RCX reply how —Brian B. Alano
   I wish I could give you a direct answer, but I don't know. However, I suspect (as I'm sure you do) that what you are looking for has already been done. Below are three possible sources which you can adopt, co-opt, or reverse-engineer to get where (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        framing RCX LNP replies in Java —Pat LaVarre
     (...) Thanks I reached: src/org/javastorms/lnp/IR.java (...) I think I see ... readMsg accepts what it likes else dies after reading the first distasteful byte. readMsg likes either of xF0 or xF1, then a length byte, then that many bytes, then a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: frame RCX reply how —Pat LaVarre
   (...) Bingo! I reached the bricktools/ of the frame-free: (URL) bytes At a glance, I missed how bricxcc toggles x08 in the command op to let command ops be repeated, but I'd now guess the bricxcc algorithm for framing standard RCX replies is: 1) (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)