 Robotics / RCX / 19
18  |  20
Subject:
RCX Tower Internals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:18:54 GMT

Hi All.

I've just had some wierdness with my tower and decided to open it
up to see what's inside.

My basic issue is that the two emitters and the detector are not lined
up (even close) with the "Clear" lens section on the front of the
tower.

Is everyone else's like this. I was thinking that the devices would
be somehow aligned with the window to take advantage of any lens effects.
It looks a bit like a manufacturing goof since the part holes do seem
to line up better, but they didn't leave enough space to monut them between
the PC board and the fron of the case - so they had to go off the board..

I'm also trying to figure out if we can toggle RTS or some other line to
keep the RCX alive.

Just a few thoughts....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng