 Robotics / RCX / 1892
1891  |  1893
Subject:
BricxCC 3.3.7.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 01:53:10 GMT

I've uploaded release 3.3.7.1 of BricxCC to my website.  This adds a couple
new features and fixes a few minor bugs.

1. Built-in MIDI conversion to NQC, MindScript, LASM, C, or Pascal.  See
Tools/MIDI Conversion.  You can save directly to a file or to the clipboard.

2. Brick Piano transposing through 8 octaves and user-configurable note and
wait time.

3. brickOS LNP address support (see the brickOS menu item that is visible
when you specify a non-standard firmware on the Find Brick dialog.

4. Suppress recording of keyboard macros (Ctrl+Shift+R) to the macro library
(see View/Macro Library).

5. Regular expression support in find and replace.

6. Two new toolbar buttons (Procedure List & ?) on the view toolbar.
Toolbars are now, by default, locked into their default position.  Users can
turn off this option from the Preferences dialog to allow for toolbar
position, size, and docked state customization.

7. All eight brickOS program slots are now supported (and can be locked to
prevent downloading over a precious program).

8. The hot keys for code completion, parameter completion, macro record, and
macro playback can be configured via the Preferences dialog (Options tab).

9. On the diagnostics tool window the variable display view was broken.
This is now fixed (requires RCX2 firmware) and now supports all sources.

10. LASM compilation had been broken in an earlier release.  It is now fixed.

I think that's all.

BrickOS support continues to require that the cygwin bin directory (normally
c:\cygwin\bin) be on the environment PATH.  This is for two reasons.
BricxCC does not specify a path when it tries to execute the bash shell.
And even if it did, the cygwin DLL would still have to be on the path anyway
in order for bash.exe to execute.  Changes were made to the default makefile
template in order to get the new LNP address support to work.  Just click
the Default button on the Compiler tab of the Preferences dialog to reset
the template to its default value.  You should see a new "set_addr" target
added to the template.

As always, I love getting feedback and suggestions.  If you gave me a
suggestion a while ago and you think I might have forgotten about it you
might want to e-mail about it again.

LMKWYT.

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm