 Robotics / RCX / 1835
Re: RIS 1.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.0 upgrade questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:13:56 GMT

Matthias Jetleb <Jetleb@Netcom.ca> writes:

The parts change isn't that significant.

To be precise, there is one additional part,
it's an additional long clear thick optical fiber.
I think it's intended to connect some VLL bricks to the USB tower.
The Spybotics contain similar but shorter optical fibers.

I also read that the RIS 2.0 has improved IR circuitry
that should result in a longer IR range,
but I have no data to confirm that.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>