 Robotics / RCX / 1497
    IR transmission, strange coding ? —Stef Mientki
   hi all, I'm working on what I call an "InfraRed All module" , which should become IR-tower, IR-sensor, IR-audio-remote, etc. Measuring the IR pulses from the IR-tower I encountered the following effects According to what Kekoa Proudfoot found "A '0' (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: IR transmission, strange coding ? —Kekoa Proudfoot
     (...) I forget exactly how I measured this. I think maybe I hooked a scope directly to the LEDs then sent a constant stream of something to the tower and looked at the waveform on the scope. I don't remember noticing anything funny with the start (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

         Re: IR transmission, strange coding ? —Stef Mientki
     hi Kekoa, thanks for your answer, About the strange stop bit, I was wrong (John Barnes also mailed me about that, thanks John) it was indeed the parity bit. About the startbit (which is inverted to the data) I'm (almost) absolutly sure, I measured (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: IR transmission, strange coding ? —Juergen Stuber
   (...) As far as I remember (it's been > 10 years) startbits are 0, stopbits are 1. (...) This is strange, are you sure it is not the odd parity bit? (...) That's fine, 1 is the 'passive' and 0 is the 'active' level. Jürgen (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)