 Robotics / RCX / 1486
    RE: inverted penulum —Claude Baumann
   Thanks for the information. We started with the mathematical approach, but this seems to be extremely complex and not too useful for a reliable design with LEGO-Technic and the RCX. Solving that kind of differential equations in real time is perhaps (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: inverted penulum —Philippe Hurbain
   Hello Claude, What about using this sensor to measure field generated by a small magnet fixed on the pendulum ? But perhaps the Kmz51 is too sensitive and would saturate ? Philo (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: inverted penulum —Claude Baumann
   (...) Hi Philo, thanks for the suggestion. No longer than yesterday we made our first tests with the magnetic-field-sensor (MFS) based on the KMZ51 placed VERTICALLY. The results are very, very interesting. Not only did we find an amazingly simple (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: inverted penulum —Claude Baumann
   Developing our inverted pendulum project we tested today the power of the vehicle which we designed for the purpose. It looks like the Acrobot, but with twice the first part, so that each wheel is powered by a motor. Both motors of one side are (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)