 Robotics / RCX / 1428
  RCX sensor interfaces - diodes

I'm in the middle or working out the circuit for my gray encoder sensor and looking at the various interface schemes. I notice that most examples use 1N4148 diodes, but one site I have visited (but I can't for the life of me remember which :/) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX sensor interfaces - diodes

The main advantage of the BAT85 is the lower voltage drop (about 0.3 Volt against 0.7 Volt for the 1N4148). (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX sensor interfaces - diodes

I think the real point here is that it is usually necessary to incorporate a bridge network of six diodes to interface to the RCX sensor inputs. The signalling current must pass through at least two series diodes to get to the RCX terminals - a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)