 Robotics / RCX / 1237
    Dead RCX —Matthias Jetleb
   Has anyone had an RCX just plain die on them? - Brand new - used manybe 30min total - Fresh batteries - Nothing hooked up to it at the time - Did it's usual beep on startup as my son switched it on and off to listen to the sound I assumed he had (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Dead RCX —Roger Glassey
     Completely dead? no response of any kind when you push the ON/OFF button? I ask because if battery power is off for too long, the firmware evaporates and the RCX is pretty non -responsive. But the LCD is not blank. If this is the case, download the (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

         Re: Dead RCX —Matthias Jetleb
     (...) It's completely and utterly dead. Matthias Jetleb VA3-MWJ (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Dead RCX —Juergen Stuber
   (...) Hi Matthias, normally I'd call LEGO service. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the power connection is lost. That shouldn't happen to an unopened RCX, but who knows. The power connection from the batteries to the mainboard is by (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Dead RCX —Matthias Jetleb
   (...) Thanks for the response. I tried bending the tabs to ensure they were making contact with the batteries. That didn't work, so I opened the case and confirmed that the 9V (actually 9.6V) was reaching the voltage regulator. It was, so I know (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)