 Robotics / RCX / 1152
Re: The sound of train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:27:35 GMT

Thanks.
Could you show me legOS source? (both steam and diesel), I have no idea about
music or sound.
I can convert it to NQC, what I am using NQC is that I want to make all my
programs that can be used both by RCX and Scout.

Zhengrong

Ross Crawford wrote:

Your original post mentioned "warning or alert". Are you looking for train
sounds, or warning sounds? The train sounds that Sonnich is talking about is
actually the puff-puff of a steam engine, and would be very difficult to
duplicate with the RCX, as it has fairly limited sound generation ability.
If you want a warning, like at a level crossing or something, that's a lot
easier, as its generally just a on-off tone or two-tone alternating type
thing. Should be doable in NQC, though I can't offer any code - I prefer
LegOS!!

ROSCO

Zhengrong Zang <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message
You used hardware? that is not my hoping.

Zhengrong

Sonnich Jensen wrote:

I guess not - I don't even know what it is.

All I have seen of this is some schematics of the electronic circuit for • it.
And that was 1 years ago I think

Sonnich

Zhengrong Zang <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message
Do you have any NQC code?

Zhengrong

Sonnich Jensen wrote:

I don't have any .dat or .wav  files, but te create steam engine • sounds,
use
white noise and pulse it. This is an old trick for that.

Sonnich

Zhengrong Zang <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message
I need the the dat of sound of train warning or alert for my RCX
controlled train projects, does anyone help me?

Zhengrong