 Robotics / RCX / *7295 (-10)
  Problems with NQC and math operations

Hi- I'm currently working on a project to get a dead-reckoning navigation system to work with NQC and the RCX. Right now I have a compass sensor and a rotation sensor hooked up and the idea is that with an angle and a distance, I can get an x and y (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: LNP problem

(...) You need to compile remote.c for the RCX, that's the part running on the RCX. rcx.c and rcx.h define an interface for your application to use the functions provided in remote.h. Namely to turn on/of/break/reverse the motor ports and to read (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?

(...) Well there are books called "Teach yourself C in 5 days", 21 days and so on... try amazon books. NQC is not actually a full C compiler, it has been simplified a great deal and if you learn the basics from a book, you'd be ready to go with NQC (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR header how optional

(...) I doubt anything (short of a 2MV Lightning Flash) will warm anything in 1 msec. ;) Also, the receiver won't warm up until the header has been read in completion and decoded. So I doubt it's used for that. Normally, in any communication, you'd (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  IR header how optional

(...) Yep. But via our solid new reply framing code, thanks again, now I can see ... (...) Nope. At least not here: now that I look, I see my RCX often doesn't require the PC to send x 55:FF:00. IR command packets like x 10:FE 10:FE PBAliveOrNot and (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: command framing as seen from kernel/program.lrkey_handler

(...) Just to be more certain we're understanding each other, if that's ok, I'll mention that ... 1) Newbie that I am, I have no clue how frequently brickos switches on bit masks. I wonder if only to decode xD2 RemoteCommand. 2) Using log2(xx & -xx) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) Yes helpful framing rules thanks. (...) Thanks in particular for pointing out the before & after rubbish. Me, just now I began quoting this rule in a fog, somehow not immediately appreciating that: The receive framing in bricxcc withstands (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?

Hello, I have reached the limits of what Mindstorm 2.0 software can do a long time ago and now want to go further. I think I would try the NQC. My problem is that I do not know anything about C or NQC. I have learned Pascal and Basic language (and (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  now normally baumfamily != enteract

Perhaps this is not normal? (URL) don't have permission to access /~dbaum/lego/nqc/index.html on this server. Apache/1.3.26 Server at www.enteract.com Port 80 Yet I'm taken there from: (URL) such famous links as: (URL) wonder if the update to these (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

"Pat LaVarre" <ppaatt@aol.com> wrote in message news:H9nAFD.7v@lugnet.com... (...) like x (...) byte x (...) course (...) the 4 (...) find (...) 10 EF? I follow you now (helps to look at the actual code ;-)... I would expect that raw byte sequence (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact