 Robotics / RCX / *4370 (-10)
  Re: The sound of train

I don't have any .dat or .wav files, but te create steam engine sounds, use white noise and pulse it. This is an old trick for that. Sonnich Zhengrong Zang <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:3AB96E4A.45E7A5...ame.com... (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Analogue Control of Pneumatics

(...) I wouldn't say that at all. Its just that you'd need a good supply of compressed air (there's plenty of compressor designs about) and a good feedback mechanism. This is by no means impossible - just a bit tricky. ROSCO trimmed lugnet.general (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Analogue Control of Pneumatics

(...) Ok. So you can't do it with pneumatics. Looking around for alternative ways of making a power steering mechanism, I found this link (URL) which gives an RCX based motor driven mechanism that might be of interest to others. Al Telanco (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: video game type thing...

(...) havent followed the whole conversation here, but if ur doing an "if "test and it doesnt hit when it should, you might consider displaying the TOUCH_2 variable on the display just before the "if" test, it might not be what you think it is! (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  video game type thing...

Well, it still doesn't work even with the if(TOUCH_2){} instead of if(TOUCH_2 == 1){} . Any ideas? Nick H. (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

"Nitin Patil" <gn1721@lycos.com> wrote in message news:GALoKA.Eto@lugnet.com... (...) mA (...) If you use my simple approach, you need 4.7k and around 0.1uF. You need a low enough resistance to guarantee that the voltage drops to CMOS logic level 0 (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Ooooops!

(...) You're right Mario. Like everyone else, I'm busy at my real job, but when I get time here and there I'm making improvements to the kernel. One idea was to provide multi-tasking built-in and having a standard button driver will help with (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Michael Gasperi writes: Ok I agree what you say about time constant of your RC But still by using such low resistance you are wasting power. almost 1.5 mA is flowing through this 4.7K. you can keep RC constant and increase R (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Ooooops!

(...) it? (...) From what I understood (I might be wrong) while the pbforth kernel is running the buttons have no predefined action, so there's no way to make the RCX sleep without using the terminal console. Of course you can do that in your own (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  The sound of train

I need the the dat of sound of train warning or alert for my RCX controlled train projects, does anyone help me? Zhengrong (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact