 Robotics / RCX / *3180 (-20)
  Re: Using NQC with iBook

Okay, but don't I have to buy a second adapter so that the IR cable can fit in the Keyspan PDA adapter? Or like cut up and change positions of the IR-cable inputs? Or do I just have to buy an adapter, connect it, connect the IR tower, download NQC (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

(...) No, I meant lnp_logical_write, which is called from lnp_addressing_write. lnp_logical_write is not within the file lnp.c, which I guess you link into your app. This function is supposed to actually write to the serial device communicating with (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Vision Command

(...) It's possible, but I can't find a way to choose which VfW device to use. The options for tweaking the camera are very limited. I did get more sophisticated options during the install, but apparently that was my only chance to use them, cuz now (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Vision Command

(...) You can do what you want with the camera, but there's a 5 meter USB cord that has to be plugged into the computer if you want the camera to do anything. (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Vision Command

Can the VC system be put on an autonomous bot? Or is there required power umbilical? Could I have it follow a light in a dark room, for example? --Jack Gregory Chris Osborn <fozztexx@pez.fullsystem.com> wrote in message news:Fzz80E.Bn7@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Vision Command

Can you use other cams with the lego software? I have an X10 wireless cam I'd like to use. -gyug (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

(...) Sorry, I was using an unsigned char variable, this was just a remnant of some testing I did..... I tried a lot of variations ;-) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Vision Command

(...) Yes, the driver that comes with the camera is a normal Video for Windows driver, so any software that you have that does Video for Windows should work fine. (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

(...) Yes, the problem is on the host PC (running Red Hat 6.2). What I cant figure out is how identical code works fine if I instantiate the wrapper class in a simple demo app, but once I try calling it form within my CORBA server, it blocks on (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Vision Command

(...) Can the camera be used as a standard webcan/pc camera useing normal software (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

(...) From the statement "data is received by the RCX" I assume you have this problem on the host system. What OS are you using? Also, how does your lnp_logical_write() routine look like? Eddie C. Dost ecd@skynet.be (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Using NQC with iBook

I have had no difficulty using NQC on iMacs with a Keyspan PDA adapter (USB to DB9). The adapters run about $39US. The adapter comes with the necessary drivers that allow NQC to see it. Have fun! (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

(...) ,testaddress, 8); It shouldn't be the real problem, but are you sure about the port paramenter? How about: result = lnp_addressing_write...estbuffer, testlen ,testaddress, testport); Bye, Paolo. --- Maier's Law: If the facts do not conform to (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Using NQC with iBook

I have an iBook. I know about NQC and decided to give it a try. I thought "hey, it works for mac! Great! I can install it on my iBook, run it, and then I can program my robots on my iBook! Piece of cake!" ...not. The iBook only has a USB port, no (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

HELP! I'll ellaborate a little on the details of my previous posting: My code (removing some CORBA detail) looks like this: I have a class "nanOrbDemo_i" which has the following constructor: inline nanOrbDemo_i(){ if ( lnp_init(0,0,0,0,0) ){ cout << (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Statically and Dynamically linking lnp ....

(...) Colin, The "standard" for doing this is to wrap the extern "C" { and } in #ifdef __cplusplus clauses. You can see how to do this in most .h files in the include directory. Especially if it's a .h that may be used in mixed (C/C++) projects. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Blockin LNP calls

Hi Can anyone tell me why a call to lnp_addressing_write(...) might block? My environment seems okay. I have some simple clients written that have no difficulty in communicating wth the RCX, but I have one client ( a lot more complex) which seems to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC 2.2 r1 released

Dave, I just wanted to say a BIG THANKS for all your hard work and continued efforts with NQC. Some people debate whether they should stick with NQC or move to Lego's new format. After reading the updated Programmer's guide I know which one I'm (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 r1 released

Ok. Linux builds (i386 and src RPMs, tar.gz) now at (URL). I still need to work on the man page and docs. I'm probably going to start using one of the compile farms to make versions for other architectures and packaging systems. After I do the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Statically and Dynamically linking lnp ....

Regarding the previous posting: Please disregard ... I figured it out, but thought it may be useful to post a reply to myself, in case it's ever of use to anyone else using the same tools: I forgot to wrap my include in an ' extern "C" ' block. As I (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact