 Robotics / 12247
Re: Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:13:07 GMT

In article <FzzBvv.1KB@lugnet.com>, Paul Gyugyi <paul@gyugyi.com> wrote:
Can you use other cams with the lego software?
I have an X10 wireless cam I'd like to use.

It's possible, but I can't find a way to choose which VfW device to
use. The options for tweaking the camera are very limited. I did get
more sophisticated options during the install, but apparently that was
my only chance to use them, cuz now I can't find them again.

Keep in mind that what the software really does isn't all that
complex. It just does differencing between areas of two captured
frames for "motion" detection, looking for a color over an area, or
looking for an increase in brightness. Most of the software is about
creating the pretty interface.

--
Chris Osborn                      Full System, Inc.
fozztexx@fullsystem.com           2160 Jefferson St., #240