 Robotics / 12386
Re: Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:41:03 GMT

Hi Ahui
I have already a few webcams working at my place, four webcams from Philips
Pro 30fps.
In webcam world we call that one of the private use, its the most used
webcam and gives the best image.
A few cams I have enlarged with a cable of 15 feet and one with 25 feet.
So far I know is the maximum length for the 'cheap' webcams like the
Logitech, 15 feet. If you want use a USB cable of 30 feet of more then you
need a expensive webcam of at least $500. I have the USB cable of 25 feet
for my webcam protected for any disturb with isolation. The problem is how
longer the USB cable is, how more disturb you can get from other machines
like a TV set, speakers or your own computer. Because the cable is so long
it will go working as a antenna.
Of course you can experiment with a 15 feet cable but don't expect too much
of it. I use always Brother cables because the excist of one piece and the
plugs are isolated with plastic. And they are normal priced! You can buy
them a Vobis computershop.
I don't started yet with the Lego RCX but I have plans to do it because I
have a few projects that I want to try with it. Does anybody knows or I can
send with the Lego IR transmitter to the RCX for directly commando's ????
Thanx and good luck.....
Theo 'Pepper'