 Robotics / RCX / *1415 (-20)
  Re: R2D2 (DDK) with RCX : 2nd Look

Hi Everybody, The R2D2 beta2 version is online, with : - two touch sensors - one light sensor in its turning head Please forget the last URL, go directly to : (URL) : (URL) a nice day/night, - Christophe - (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Solaris & legOS

Hi, I am new to legOS and I want to try to use solaris as the legOS platform. What is the current status of legOS running under Solaris?? Anyone successful with it?? So far, I got the latest version of GCC & binutils compiled and got legOS 0.2.3 (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX onboard timer and motor pulsing

(...) The timers run at 1/10 sec, but granularity for "waiting" a task is 1/100 sec. The PWM used for motor output has granularity of 1/1000 sec. Dave Baum p.s. I hope it wasn't my book that stated 1/10 and 1/1000 - if so could you e-mail me the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Mindstorms spirit.ocx programming = RCX ASM coding?

I haven't looked at programming the RCX with Visual Basic or other MS Win languages via the spirit.ocx control, but someone (sorry -- I'm terrible with remembering names!) at the NELUG meeting asked me why people seem to like NQC when they could be (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: RCX onboard timer and motor pulsing

(...) It is 1/10 of a second for the timers. However, in case you don't know. The RCX's Motor ports PULSE their signal. They always put out the same voltage. At level 8 it's 100% at level 4 it's an even on/off. I use it for my trains and it's great. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  RCX onboard timer and motor pulsing

Hi All, Since I am and train head I don't read .RCX (this topic might be well exhausted) I just read thru a third party book on the RCX and in one place he said the timer granularity in 1/10 sec and in another it was 1/1000 sec. My goal is to pulse (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  R2D2 (DDK) with RCX : First Look

Hi all, I'm glad to introduce you a first draft/beta R2D2/DDK with an RCX done tonight. You can have a look at (URL) Quite Perfect (NQP :-), but I think it can be a good way to do something nice for all of us, and get it as an idea start something (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Roboarm.nqh

(...) I'm glad you're enjoying the book. Not including more information about where to put include files was definitely an oversight - I'll update the book's web pages when I get a chance. Dave (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Roboarm.nqh

I was using the RcxCC program. I put the nqh file in the RcxCC directory and everything worked fine. Thanks for the information. By the way, I am really enjoying your book. I hope everyone gets a chance to read and use it. -- Bob Fay (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  LegoSub using a Mars Robotic Extension : Is it a Joke ?

Hello, Just saw today, please check : (URL) seems they've created a real submarine robot including the camera from the Exploration Mars set ! As I know, this set (Mars) isn't available... Christophe (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Roboarm.nqh

(...) The idea behind including files is that it allows a common set of definitions and/or functions to be shared by multiple programs. NQC by default searches the current directory for any include files. It is also possible to specify a search path (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Roboarm.nqh

I am working my way through Dave Baums' Mindstorm book and I have lost my way regarding the #include command. The roboarm1.nqc program calls for roboarm.nqh to be included. The program will not compile because it "cannot open roboarm.nqh". Some (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: A Motor as a Sensor? An idea

Carsten Müller <spirou@jumper.org> wrote in message news:3860FCDF.80682D...per.org... (...) Yes. This idea has come up many times. Try searching lugnet.robotics for generator or similar words. RCX Sensors and Input = (URL) G. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

Well, i'm still looking to find out what might go wrong. Fixing the sigio handler is of no use as cygwin doesn't send sigio's when data arrives at a serial port. Peter (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  A Motor as a Sensor? An idea

Hi, yesterday i played around with the View Button and with different Sensors. And than I pluged a Motor (in this case a generator) to the Sensor input. If the motor was not turned, the Sensor Reading was '4'. If turned (forward) the reading (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Transmission Problems

(...) After doing a bit of debugging, I have determined it's all characters between 127-255, most often 127 or 255. If anyone has any ideas on what's causing this, please reply... (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

(...) I hadn't fixed that - but it doesn't appear to make a difference. I patched both the original sources and the post-WINNT-specific-patches, but no change in behavior: the RCX answers are never heard using the original sources, and the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

(...) i dont´t know if you have already fixed this, anyways, there is a bug in sigio_handler. The struct timeval last is used uninitialized and should be static. Today i sent the following little patch to Markus. ------- schnips schnips -------- --- (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Tasks in RCX

(...) <chuckle> 10 seems like a small number (yes its limited by the firmware) until you try to use them all. In my experience only email and webserver type applications kick off more than 4 or 5 threads at once. DLC (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Tasks in RCX

Hi, I read somewhere that the RCX is limited to only 10 concurrent tasks. Is this limitation in the firmware? If so, can I use a replacement firmware like legOS to overcome this. I basically want to have an unlimited number of tasks so that I can (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact