 Robotics / NXT / 701 (-10)
  Re: NBC/NXC beta news

(...) I keep forgetting the not-quite part of your language is an attempt to map operations directly onto the underlying VM. I was hoping to avoid rewriting code but now realize that making all elements of this structure top-level elements will (...) (17 years ago, 29-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NBC arrays

Is there some more detailed (and lower-level) description of how the arrays work in NBC, please? Something that would complement the description in the manual? This is how I see the arrays in NBC/standard firmware: * a compiled program works with (...) (17 years ago, 29-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC/NXC beta news

(...) Sorry for not getting back with you sooner about this bug, Rosco. Life comes at you fast, as they say. :-) I investigated this problem today and it looks like I've got it fixed. There were several bugs going on in NBC which were causing the (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXTasy challenge no. 2

I've postponed the deadline on NXTasy.org challenge no. 2 till June 1st. Also, detailed rules and prizes were published here: (URL) urge the (advanced) readers of Lugnet to contribute to this challenge. I think it's important that MDP/MCP members (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Classroom experiments gone awry

Your results are not at all what I intuitively expect. From your previous posts, I think the "turn ratio" settings you've used range from 0 to +100 in steps of 10. The following table is what I expected. Turn Inner Expected Observed Ratio Wheel (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Difficulty with WRITE COMMAND over BT

(...) Thank you very much for the reply. It is still consistently puzzling. If I write some other file - for example a text file named file.txt, I can write and close, and see it in the list (through findfirst/findnext) successfully. This works both (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Classroom experiments gone awry

(...) I'm using terms of my own making. These are terms that seem to work with 10 - 12 year olds. By "dominant" I mean the wheel which measures the duration specified in a turn. Sometimes I use the term "outside wheel". For example, a duration of (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Difficulty with WRITE COMMAND over BT

(...) It's hard to say what exactly might be going wrong. Here's how I write a file to the NXT: // write in < 64 byte chunks xferred := 0; aStream.Position := 0; // start at the beginning while xferred < size do begin cnt := Min(size - xferred, (...) (17 years ago, 27-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  FW: Classroom experiments gone awry

It is hard to lay fingers on trouble shooting this without understanding your experiment. Would you clarify your experiment: Hypothesis: ??? Control variable: wheels size? Independent variable : Dependent variable: Procedure: ??? --Elizabeth (...) (17 years ago, 27-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Classroom experiments gone awry

I'm having trouble understanding the meaning of your results. What do the percentages mean? I'd also just like to check that you used the "run for 10 rotations" as duration with "next action" indicated as stop. What speed did you use for the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact