 Robotics / NXT / 691 (-10)
  Difficulty with WRITE COMMAND over BT

Hi, I am attempting to download a .rxe program file to NXT from some programming environment that allows communicating over serial port. So I connect to NXT (with 1.04 firmware) from the WinXPSP2 box with BT USB dongle, and use the commands (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Classroom experiments gone awry

(...) What do you mean by "dominant" here? And what is a "tick" on the steering slider equal to? I've done something similar to figure out the behavior with respect to the position of the steering slider, but this is a *great* place to introduce the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Classroom experiments gone awry

Imagine a classroom with eight 13-year old boys, paired up with a laptop and the standard NXT Edu robot. The 9x9 inch floor tiles made perfect for a little experiment in derivation. Starting at a fixed point and heading, each team marked where the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC/NXC beta news

(...) Well that technique does compile, but produces interesting results: --- #include "NXCDefs.h" struct st { string s1; int i1; } st a1[]; st v1,v2; task main() { v1.s1 = "test"; v1.i1 = 9; NumOut(0,0,v1.i1); TextOut(40,0,v1.s1); (...) (17 years ago, 25-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC/NXC beta news

(...) The problem with code of this sort is that the opcodes for manipulating values do not readily allow for this type of operation. To set the variable val to the value of the bxxx field of the structure type stored in your array of structs I (...) (17 years ago, 25-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another useless utility

(...) I've created a little desktop wrapper for the Mac version of rsoplay called RSOPlayer. You can drag RSO files onto it to play them, double-click RSOPlayer to select files to play with a file browser, or even assign RSOPlayer to handle RSO (...) (17 years ago, 25-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: NBC and Windows Mobile

(...) I also have a Dell X51v PDA and am very interested. I don't own a laptop so my PDA is all I take to brick events. I did fine using OnBrick at the recent BrickFest PDX, but am looking for other options. I don't have a lot of time to help, but I (...) (17 years ago, 24-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Bricxcc news

A new test release of BricxCC is available. It features a built-in NBC/NXC compiler which can be turned on or off via a checkbox on the NBC/NXC Compiler tab. With it turned on you will find that compiling and downloading programs via bluetooth is (...) (17 years ago, 24-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC and Windows Mobile

I have a Dell X51v and would like to do the same thing. I don't have any time to help but I would like to be kept in the loop when you get yours working. I can test out your solution on my Dell PPC(Mobile 5). Ronald "John Hansen" (...) (17 years ago, 23-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Another useless utility

rsoplay - Play RSO file on PC --- This is a small program to play NXT sound files (.RSO) on your PC. Not sure why anyone would really want to, but now you can anyway. Now Mac and linux can be just as useless as Windows! Download it (URL) here>. (...) (17 years ago, 23-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact